Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Finds

Friday finds me feeling a bit tearful.  I don't like to think about taking down the Christmas tree. 
I love the glow of the white lights and all my favorite ornaments mingling amongst them - but I know it's time - although I will likely only put away the ornaments today and leave the lights and the tree until Sunday :-)

I did want to share a tree idea that I found from our friends at re-nest, here.  What an absolutely clever way to display ornaments and not take up a lot of space.  This would be the perfect backdrop for my vintage and rustic ornaments.  I put up three trees each year - one with nothing but animal ornaments (my favorite tree), one with all primitives, handmade and vintage decor and the last tree gets a more formal dress of red, white, blue, gold, silver and my collection of White House ornaments. 

So, even though I have to put away the decorations for this season, I can still be thinking about Christmas.

Now, I am off to look for some scrap lumber...I know we must have some in the shed. 

Oh Honey...  I have an idea I want to run by you...



Enjoy your weekend and Happy New Year!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment