Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cupcake Love

I know there's a cupcake shop on nearly every street corner - they're sprouting up like weeds - but I am here to tell you I had the best cupcake at Pastry Xpo in Falls Church, VA yesterday - I had the Classic Carrot cupcake - yummy!  So delicious in fact, I had to purchase 6 more to take home - of course, I got 6 different ones.  Having made dinner plans with friends, but not knowing what to serve for dessert, the cupcakes were a perfect solution - an assortment of, one each, Red Velvet, Oreo Cookie, German Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Velvet and one more Classic Carrot proved to be just the ticket. 

The cake for each was dense and moist and the frosting wasn't just a mountain of sugar, like in so many of the other cupcake shops I've visited.  Instead, it was smooth, velvety and actually complimented the flavor of the cake rather than over power it - not sugary at all (although, sugar was definitely an ingredient).

Be sure to check out - Pastry Xpo
http://www.pastryxpo.com/Products.cfm?Group_ID=96

No comments:

Post a Comment