Sunday, February 26, 2012

Just Sayin'...

Tonight is the 84th annual Academy Awards and I am wondering why Thomas Horn wasn't nominated for Best Actor.  Horn was cast as character, Oskar Schell, in the feature film Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close after winning Jeopardy Kids.  Unfortunately, Extremely Loud is one of those movies you either love or hate - I happened to love it (it does have it's slow moments), however Horn's performance was rivoting and kept me locked to the screen.  Seems to me taking raw natural talent, finessing it and featuring it for the first time in a major movie deserves an Oscar look.  I don't think any of us would argue that George Clooney and Brad Pitt are good, but really - are they any different from one movie to the next?  I think that someone who hasn't acted, who doesn't have a career in acting already, and who can move and mesmerize us with a chilling and stellar performance should be the clear winner - or at the very least a nominee.  After all, isn't it called the Best Actor award??  If a young lad with no acting experience can make us believe - then that's what I call acting.

I am just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment