Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rabbit Runn?

I am often asked how I came up with the name for my design business and I credit it entirely to my husband. 

One afternoon, while trying to come up with a clever and catchy business name, I pulled out some old drawings and logos, I had done in college, for inspiration.  I came to a stylized rabbit logo and pondered.
Now, I love animals.  I mean, I love animals and the thought of coming up with a business name that incorporated not one, but two passions - well, this idea had merit.

The rabbit was outstretched and appeared to be leaping - or running as the case would prove.

My husband, in the kitchen making a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, came walking into the dining room - sandwich in hand - and studied the "mess" I had spread out on the dining table.   Before taking his first bite, he said, "why don't you use the rabbit logo and call yourself Rabbit Runn Designs?" 

Hmmm, I thought.

Then, with that first mouthful he added, "and put two n's on Runn, since your mom made the spelling of Nancye unique by adding the e".

and so, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment