Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside...

It's my favorite time of year!   It's just turned cold enough to pull the cozy throws out of the linen closet and chilly enough to light a fire (for me, that translates into reigniting the pilot light).  All that's left is dimming the lights and settling in to watch one of my holiday favorites.  Of course, no season would ever be complete without "It's a Wonderful Life", "Miracle on 34th Street" and "A Christmas Carol" and I could never forget the characters I grew up with as a child; Rudolph, Frosty, Snoopy and the Grinch, but there are a few new titles that have recently worked their way into my repertoire and into my heart. 

I never tire watching Nicholas Cage, as a modern day Scrooge, in "The Family Man", the irresistible romantic comedy, "While You Were Sleeping" (Bill Pullman is my kind of guy - he loves furniture), the loveable dysfunctionals in "The Family Stone", "The Nightmare Before Christmas" - which I watch both in October and in December since Jack Skellington transcends both Halloween and Christmas in that one, and my season wouldn't be complete without the racy and raucous Denis Leary in "The Ref".  That one gets me laughing as if I was watching it for the first time - not to mention, throughout the year I sometimes find myself quipping and quoting some of its more racier lines.

So, grab a blanket - pop some corn and pull out your favorites.
Happy Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment