Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Treasure hunting in one of Alexandria's hidden treasures - DelRay!


Today was another perfect Fall day - perfect for a stroll along Mt. Vernon Avenue and perfect for popping in and out of some of the avenue's best hidden treasures.  I first hit Potomac West Antiques - an all time favorite where I can always find just the right decorative accessory or special piece of furniture for my clients (and for myself).  What's the expression, one for you and one for me...   

Right next door to Potomac West is it's sister store, Not Too Shabby Consignments, which is equally impressive - scented candles, lotions and soaps mingled with its trinkets and treasures, you are sure to leave with something.

A hop, skip and a jump away I found myself feeling particularly festive upon entering Eclectic Nature.  There I met Max, the orange tabby shop cat, sunning himself on a pretty plaid stool amidst green garlands and colorful ornaments - of special interest to me were the colorful sock monkey ornaments - which I already informed my husband (hint hint...) would look great on our "animal" tree, a Christmas tree devoted to only animal ornaments.
 
Sock Monkey Ornaments - Set of 4

I ended my stroll with a peek inside Bungalow Homewares Gallery and was instantly attracted to their simple and industrial store display shelves, made from scaffolding parts, and a convertible ottoman.

See pics from my stoll, below:



Tight on space?  The fold-away gets a sophisticated update - inspired!
from Bungalow Homewares Gallery

Who says display shelving has to be boring - this could work in an interior space as well!

Max, Eclectic Nature's mascot

A festive display, Eclectic Nature
Assorted scents and lotions, Not Too Shabby Consignments

Assorted canning jars and rolling pins, Potomac West Antiques

Mercury Glass, vintage books, artist originals, pottery and everything in between, Potomac West Antiques
Even a turkey tureen - and in time for Thanksgiving!
Potomac West Antiques
 




                                       




























1 comment:

  1. What a great day Nancye - a treasure hunt indeed! Must do again soon!!

    ReplyDelete