Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Little More Love...

I am certainly aware that Valentine's Day has passed and I definitely recognize this isn't a picture of a diamond ring, or a pearl necklace, and it's absolutely not a romantic candlelit dinner...it's an anteater. 

So, what's he got to do with love? 

Well, he's just the cutest anteater I know, next to the real thing, and I've had my eye on him for quite some time and he just arrived at the door wearing only a card, reading "just a little more love". 

So, as I collect the Valentine's cards from this year, to tuck into an already overflowing shoe box, and put the Michael Buble CD's, that I expected to receive, on the shelf with the others, I look into the this sweet little face of my new anteater and realize that even after 16 years, my husband still has a few tricks up his sleeve.


Oaxacan carving of an anteater - by artist, Luis Pablo. 
Visit Solmar Imports Art Gallery for more from this artist and many others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment