Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Finds

Well, this Friday found me working hard, but since I work out of my home I was able to do a little online shopping, all while multi tasking during a conference call.  I am enjoying crossing off items on my list. 

So far, I have finished shopping for six of the ten children I am helping this season.  It was truly bittersweet reading the one item posted beside each child - no where did I see a cell phone or an ipad or an mp3 player - just simple things like shoes, hats and scarves. 

Oh sure, there was the occasional firetruck or a baby doll, but more so were the things no child should have to wish for from Santa.    

When I was a child, I had a list for Santa and I more times than not, I recall seeing most of it under the tree on Christmas morning.  Seeing a child wish for a coat, wish for shoes, wish for socks. 

It humbles me.




~ enjoy your weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment